‘Tis the season to be ridiculously busy, am I right?! I’ve finally found some time to sit down, slip into some fuzzy socks, and relax a little bit. First, I’ll give a little update on life…
Many of you have seen my blog post “To Today’s 14 Year-Old Girls” and some of you may also know that it kinda went viral… (say what?!) Well, not as viral as the Gangnam Style madness of 2012, but pretty close (okay not that big). I’d like to thank each and every one of you, from the bottom of my heart, for reading, supporting, and spreading that article around the world and even into the hands of the editors at MTV… (another SAY WHAT?!) Crazy, right? Check it out on the MTV website by clicking this link! I still can’t believe it. Because of YOU, I’ve been able to reach about 800,000 people and spread my personal experiences in hopes of touching at least one life. I am so grateful.
It has been a blessed holiday season with family and friends so far and I’ve been able to focus a lot of my time reflecting on the ups and downs of this past year. Lots of changes have occurred in my personal and professional life since last Christmas and there are still many more to come in 2016, but I’m taking advantage of every opportunity I come in contact with. I could be a sap for another 483659 pages, but I’ll leave it at that. THANK YOU for the amazing opportunities rooted right here on this blog.
I am more motivated than ever to continue writing as often as possible in between my full-time college schedule, dance practices, pageant preparations, three jobs, and a social life (wait..I don’t have one of those). I have lots of ideas of what I’d like to write about for future posts, but I am more than willing to take suggestions. You can find my contact info in the “About Me/ Contact Me” tab so feel free to shoot me an idea or two if you’d like!
Enough about me, let’s get onto the reason for this post!
I was recently nominated for the Liebster Blogging Award by a fellow blogger and pageant sista, Serena. The award is meant to help bloggers discover other bloggers and show a little blogging appreciation (say blog one more time, Jess). Here’s how it goes:
Thank you for nominating me, Serena! Give her a little love at The Royal Introvert.
I would choose 11, but I’ll leave you with my top three favorites right now!
- The Wright Way, Miss Washington Teen USA
- Life Of Renee Blog, personal friend and new blogger
- Tianna Vanderhei, fellow MAO pageant sister
11 Questions From The Blog That Nominated Me
- What is your New Years resolution? I’m usually on top of things when it comes to procrastinating, but I find that my phone becomes an easy distraction when I’m trying to check things off my to-do list. So this year, I’m going to put down my phone a lot more often!
- If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? I’m currently sitting in a snow storm today, so Hawaii sounds nice right about now.
- What is your favorite memory of 2015? This is a tough one… but all of my best memories always happen with my college friends. Am I allowed to include all of those memories? Probably not, but we all break the rules once or twice.
- What is your favorite book? I’ve recently picked up John Green’s first novel, Looking For Alaska, and I can’t put it down.
- Why? It’s SO raw and a little controversial, maybe that’s why I love it. From the author of Paper Towns and The Fault In Our Stars, you know this one’s a good one.
- Sum up your personality in one word. Contagious
- What is your favorite song? Right now, I’m digging “Like I’m Gonna Lose You” by Meghan Trainor and John Legend. I’m obsessed.
- What is your favorite blog to follow? All three listed above, I can’t pick a fave!
- Why did you begin blogging? A girl’s gotta vent somewhere right?
- What was your favorite Christmas gift? My grandma gave me a Love Your Melon beanie and I can’t get over how adorable it is. Even better, it’s a company run by college students aiming to put a hat on every child battling cancer in the United States. Does it get much cooler?
- Did it snow where you live? I’m from Wisconsin.. ‘nuf said.
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I have a small plant named Isaac.
- I can name all 50 states in alphabetical order in 20 seconds.
- You can find me smelling all of the candles in Bath & Body Works for hours.
- I sleep with a stuffed monkey every night.
- Shopping with other people stresses me out.
- Ellen DeGeneres is one of my favorite humans ever.
- I’m in my second year of college and I have no idea what I want to do with my life (actually not worried at all).
- Potatoes are my favorite food.
- If I were an animal, I’d want to be a corgi.
- I bite my nails..all the time.
- I eat when I’m bored and I’m proud of it.
11 Questions For My Nominees
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- What makes up your perfect pizza?
- If you could’ve witnessed any event in history, what would you like to have seen?
- What cheers you up?
- Who is your role model?
- Do you have any strange talents? If so, what are they?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What is your favorite topic to blog about?
- Who is your favorite cartoon character?
- What is your dream vacation?
- Have you ever met anyone famous?
There you have it, folks! Just a little fun post to get back in the swing of things as the holidays wind down. Once again, thank you Serena for this nomination and thank you ALL for encouraging me to do what I enjoy. Hit that follow button in the corner to get updates whenever I post new content and be sure to follow my Instagram (@jessicasusan96) for updates as well! I’ve got some fun ideas coming your way in 2016…